Friday, January 26, 2007

A Special Republic Day

My first republic day as a Ex- Sailor. I am no more in Delhi, so I don’t feel that warm and tension. I always believe that if you want to know the significance and true spirit Republic Day it is Delhi the place to be. I still remember, those days when I and Leena (my wife) went first time to watch republic day parade in 2002. On that day we could not make it because of high security though I was in uniform. But in the next year we could make it. The whole function will be around 3 hrs and it is always colorful, vibrant and worth to watch. It is a trailer show of the diverse India. I got a pass of enclosure just opposite to VVIP’s daises. Now all those days are gone. I am not sure I would ever watch republic day parade again from India Gate. I really miss Delhi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home